The NHS has transformed the health and wellbeing of the nation. But none of this would be possible without the skill, dedication and compassion of NHS staff, as well as the many volunteers, charities and communities that support the service. The NHS Parliamentary Awards were created to celebrate NHS staff, carers and volunteers - their hard work, innovative ideas and unwavering efforts to put patients first.
I am searching for outstanding nominees for 2019 who have innovated, impressed and made a real difference. So please help me represent Bloxwich, Willenhall and Walsall North in Parliament by nominating exceptional individuals and teams who go above and beyond the call of duty.
Please nominate a team or individual in the following category:
- The Excellence in Healthcare Award: an individual or team which is going above and beyond to improve outcomes and experience for patients living with and beyond cancer.
- The Excellence in Mental Health Care Award: an individual or team which has developed new and effective services to help people living with mental health problems in the community.
- The Excellence in Urgent and Emergency Care Award: an individual or team which has made improvements to how the NHS treats people in life or death situations.
- The Excellence in Primary Care Award: a primary care practitioner e.g doctors, dentists and pharmacists or a team which is working with patients to help them stay healthy in their own homes.
- The Future NHS Award: an individual or team that has successfully trialled and embedded innovative change(s) to empower and improve care for patients.
- The Health Equalities Award: an individual or organisation that helps the NHS to do its bit by bringing together different groups and organisations to reduce health inequalities and prevent ill health in their community.
- The Care and Compassion Award: any nurse, midwife or care staff member of any discipline and in any setting who have used their skills to ensure that patients experience care and compassion.
- The Volunteer of the Year: to celebrate volunteers who help shape and deliver better services in their area.
- The Wellbeing at Work Award: to the person or team that has successfully trialled and embedded change(s) that have made the NHS a better place to work.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award: for an individual who has worked within a health or care setting for 40 years or more who has left a lasting legacy
Get your nominations in by 21st April 2019 and I will put forward the best team or individual to the parliamentary judging panel - all those who are shortlisted for excellence will be invited to an award ceremony in Parliament to celebrate their fantastic achievements.